Perhaps you’ve heard that there’s a way to enjoy time on your porch without being eaten alive by mosquitos, but you’re not sure which option of porch screen is best for you and your home. Here at BNP Screens & Seamless Gutters, we have three main material options for porch screens. Here’s how to choose which option is best for you:
- Sturdiness: When choosing your porch screen material, you’ll want to consider the level of sturdiness you need. All of our porch screens are weather resistant, so they’ll stand up against the storms we face here in Cocoa, Florida, but some materials are better at withstanding pests than others.
- Effect of the salt spray: Here in Brevard County, you’re likely familiar with the salt in the air that can be harsh on certain materials. You’ll want to choose materials for your porch screens that are unaffected by salt spray and resistant to corrosion.
- Maintenance: If you’ve ever scrubbed a strainer or a window screen, you likely know that mesh can be difficult to clean. You’ll want a porch screen that is easier to maintain. With any of our porch screen materials, you can use the low setting on a power washer or even a water hose for simple cleaning.
The material options for our porch screens include:
- Aluminum: This is a strong yet lightweight screen that is economical, easy to work with, and resistant to corrosion.
- Fiberglass: This screen is more economical than aluminum and will not corrode or stain, but it does tend to tear easier than the other options and requires careful installation.
- Bronze: This screen material is stiffer than aluminum and unaffected by salt spray, but discoloration can occur overtime. The discoloration can easily be cleaned to renew the screen to its original brightness.
If you are ready for a new porch screen for your home in the Brevard County area, give us a call today.