Soffit is the finishing material used to cover the underside of the overhang on your roof. Soffit protects your roof and walls. Plus, it adds a finishing touch to the look of your home. Without soffit, you would run the risk of water damage, rot, mold, pests, and many other destructive problems. Truly this small detail plays a huge role in the structural integrity of your home. Here are a few reasons why protecting your soffit matters.
- Moisture Protection. Soffit reduces the amount of moisture that is allowed to enter your home. It will protect your roof from many moisture-caused problems such as mold, mildew and rot. Overtime, moisture can lead to a failure in your roof, so it is important to have adequate moisture protection.
- Ventilation. Soffit provides added ventilation to your roof. It can improve energy efficiency in your home and prolong the life of your roof.
- Keeps Pests Out. Soffit discourages pets from entering your roof or creating homes in your attic. Animals and insects can cause damage to your home and add to unhealthy air quality.
- Improve Resale Value. There is always a finished look when homes have soffit installed. Prospective homebuyers will appreciate the protection it provides and will note the reduction of maintenance that it provides your house.
- Reduce Interior Leak Risks. Soffit reduces the risk of ice dams in the winter and deterioration of shingles. Both can lead to problems with interior leaks.
When you are ready to complete the look of your home and protect it from moisture, we can help you. At BNP Screens & Seamless Gutters, we can install or repair your soffit panels. Our experienced team is ready to help you with all of your soffit needs.